ITIDA's TIEC is partnering with The Next Web (TNW), a Financial Times company with an extensive Venture Capitals network, to a second edition of Hangout with VCs for the Egyptian startup ecosystem after successfully connecting Cairo-based startups with international VCs last year to to bring together top global investors and ready-to-fund Egyptian startups in an online format combining pitching and networking opportunities. The tech giant will once again leverage their knowledge of the global startup ecosystem and their vast network to spotlight new investment opportunities in Egypt.
SOSV investor and previous participant Oscar Ramos commented on the impact these investments had last year:
"The event was an eye-opener about the potential of the [Egyptian] market and local startups. I will say the major impact is that those were the first investments we made in Africa. Since then, we have invested in six more companies and are looking to do even more deals."
Does your Tech Startup match these criteria? to be eligible for this event are:
- Your company is looking for investment
- Your company has a product or service launched on the market
- Your company has already received funding from at least 1 external investor
- Your company is at least 2 years old
- Your company has proven traction in the market
- You have proficient English language skills to pitch at the event
- You are available on Thursday, July 7th to attend the event
If you are a technology enabled startup with a unique value proposition and the previous conditions apply to you, then we invite you to fill this
form no later than
5 June 2022. Shortlisted startups would be notified by an email one week after the application deadline.
In order to take your application into consideration and match you with our investors, we need to collect the right information. Besides standard company info, we ask you to submit information on the following questions:
Describe what your company does.
- What are the key skills of your team and how do you promote diversity?
- What is the customer problem that you solve? How is your product/service innovative?
- What is your product/service's USP? How is your offering unique compared to your competitors?
- How big is your addressable market? How strong is your product-market fit? And what are your growth plans?
Describe the business model of your company.
- Why should VCs invest in you? What is the case for investment?
- What investment round are you seeking to raise within the next 12 months?
- Approximately how much money are you looking to raise and how will future funding be used?
More information on the event can be found
, or you can apply directly today