About the Program
Innovation has long been recognized as an important driver for economic
growth. However, one of the main challenges that the national ICT companies are
currently facing is lack of innovation and creativity among their workspace,
workforce, and also their products or services. On the other hand, the power of
digital transformation is on the top priority list for all companies worldwide.
Digital transformation is imperative for all businesses, from the small to the
enterprise. Seeking transformation is a matter of survival that has given rise
of importance of “Digital Transformation”.
Innovation tools can play a very important role in helping companies make
this transformation, that makes innovation tools is an extremely essential topic
for all companies to be learned and expand their usage within the company. We
can use innovation and innovation tools to come up with new ideas for: a new
digital product, new markets using a digital channel to launch a competitive
offering, and enhance the internal processes or introduce new ones to boost the
efficiency of the operation.
“When companies need to change the way, they handle digital opportunities and
threats, they must look at new approaches to finding the best opportunities, and
adopting agile approaches for taking ideas into reality. Testing, validating,
and iterating in real-world scenarios becomes a key ingredient. Innovation
management programs can support this process very well, and at large scale, both
with internal audiences, and external ones.” [Tim Woods. (2017), “How does
innovation management help in digital transformation?”]
Innovation Industry 2.0 is an upgraded version of TIEC capacity building
program for industry; InnovEgypt Industry. The program is developed to create
and empower innovation culture inside Egyptian small, and micro companies as
well as to build their capabilities on how to generate and implement innovative
ideas for better business future.
Download The Project Information File
Innovation Industry 2.0 aims
to create and develop the culture and the
capabilities of leveraging the possibilities and
opportunities of technology-enabled innovative
ideas in all areas of a business, and in a way
that will result in fundamental changes to how
businesses operate and how value is delivered to
customers. This will certainly has a great
impact on the future of the company to be more
profitable, more efficient, and achieve higher
customer satisfaction. This in turn will
positively affect the national economy.
Who Can Apply?
Innovation Industry 2.0 is
targeting the following:
- Egyptian ICT or ICT enabled company (uses ICT in its main operations, or in
delivering value to the customers).
- Micro or Small companies (up to 50 full time employees).
- Minimum of 3 years operation in the market.
- Middle or Top management positions with a combined technical and business
- Ability to attend all training days and execute all requirements (please
the project information file for more details). An approval by company’s CEO
has to be submitted during registration. .
What are Benefits and Values for Participated
Companies participated in Innovation
will gain the following benefits and values:
- Providing a structured and scalable way for ideas to be rapidly generated,
prototyped and tested inside the companies.
- Generating real and powerful solutions internally or externally that could
be applied to solve any kind of challenge faced by companies.
- Capacity building for companies in the field of Innovation and
Intrapreneurship for Digital Transformation.
- Creating innovation culture and creative environment within the company and
introducing a new concept in technical jobs that is “Innovation Agent”.
- Enhance existing business models in companies or create new business models
that are more profitable and appropriate to customers’ requirements.
Facilities Offered by TIEC for Participated
TIEC will support all participated companies in
Innovation Industry 2.0 by providing the
- Free consultation and close mentoring as they go through implementation
- TIEC innovation consultants will participate in all implementation events.
- The possibility of hosting “Creative Night” implementation event at TIEC
premises in Smart Village and providing free coffee break.
Certification and Recognition
Program attendees who successfully completed the
will get the following:
- Passed the 3 training modules (3 Training and 3 challenges).
- Submit a report in a presentation format about the best practices,
experiences and results from the application of the program within his/her
- Submit an article on EgyptInnovate platform, demonstrating a story of what
was done during implementation phases.
- A certification of “Innovation Agent”.
- “Innovation Inspiration” trophy.
|30 October 2018||Registration Starting|
|12 November 2018||Orientation Day|
|15 December 2018||Registration Deadline|
|24–26 December 2018||Selection and Interviews|
|21 January 2019||1st Training Module (Creative Night)|
|February 2019 (Date: TBD)||2nd Training Module (Design
|February 2019 (Date: TBD)||3rd Training Module (Business
|February 2019 (Date: TBD)||Deadline for submitting all certification
|February 2019 (Date: TBD)||Closing, Certification and Recognition|
The Application is now open
For registration, please fill in the