TIEC Android Mobile Program
The Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (TIEC) has identified
mobile applications development as technology priority due to its high potential
for positively impacting the local economy in alignment with the global trend.
Recent reports have demonstrated that mobile applications development has been
steadily growing, both in terms of revenues and jobs creation. Analysts, in
additions, have estimated that Android is the operating system of choice that
powers over 1 billion smart phones and tablets. Accordingly, TIEC is launching
an Android training program to teach the basis of the Android platform and the
Providing local ICT SMEs the following:
- Build their capacities in mobile application
- Enhance the competitiveness of their products and
- Certify their employees based upon
internationally-recognized certification scheme
TIEC Android training course is designed to quickly get you up to speed how to
make Android apps for Android devices. This Android development training course
will teach you the basis of the Android platform and the application lifecycle.
Candidate will be able to write simple GUI applications, use built-in widgets
and components, work with the database to store data locally, and much more by
the end of this Android training course.
The training program will be divided into 5 rounds, comprising various 20
candidates for each round starting February 2014 for three months.
- Training, where each round will consume 8 training days.
- International Certification, trainee will be certified as OESF
Authorized Certification Engineer for Android”.
Java/OOP programming is required. The Java prerequisite can be met by either
having the equivalent Java/OOP programming experience or completing Programming
in Java 6 at least with Swing and Servlets
We will provide and manage pre-exam to keep sure of the candidates’ background
and Prerequisites, this pre-assessment due date is from 3 to 5 days before
launching the training.
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs groups.
- Micro firms.
- Small Enterprise.
- Medium Enterprise.
This course is designed for software developers interested in designing,
creating, deploying, and testing applications for the Android™ mobile phone
platform. It is valuable to both novices and gurus, who already have experience
in developing mobile applications for other platforms.
Note: Maximum available seats are 2 for
Module 1 - Getting started
- Importance of mobile applications development.
- Mobile platforms.
- What is Android and why develop for it?
- Android SDK features.
- Android development tools.
- Setting up development environment.
Module 2 - Activities, Fragments, and Intents
- Making your first application.
- Understanding activities and application manifest
- Activity lifecycle and reconfiguration.
- Parse XML format.
- Intent class.
- Linking activities using intents.
- Displaying notifications.
Module 3 - Android User Interface
- Application about intents and permissions.
- Fundamentals and layouts.
- Understanding the screen components.
- User navigation (click, touch, drag, etc...).
- Adapting to display orientation.
- Utilizing the action bar.
- Creating the user interface programmatically.
- Listening for UI notifications.
- Using basic views, image views, and menus.
- Displaying pictures and managing drawing areas.
Module 4 - Sensors
- Adding features to the previous application to
end with To-Do Manager Application.
- Using sensors and the sensor manager.
- Monitoring a device’s movement and orientation.
- Calculating orientation using the accelerometer
and magnetic field sensors.
- Location and maps.
Module 5 - Bluetooth, NFC, Networks, and Wi-Fi
- Simple sensor application.
- Bluetooth communications.
- Transmitting data using Bluetooth sockets.
- Managing Wi-Fi and its configurations.
- Transferring data using Wi-Fi direct.
- Transferring data between peers.
- Near field communication.
Module 6 - I/O file
- Application about transmitting data using
- Access local files.
- Read local files.
- Write files.
Module 7 - Database
- Application handling files.
- Introducing Android databases.
- Working with SQLite.
- Opening and creating databases.
- Querying a database, and adding, updating, and
- Using content providers.
- Using contacts.
- Using calendar and tasks.
Module8 - Networking
- Application handling databases.
- Consuming web services using HTTP.
- Consuming JSON services.
- Sockets programming.
Module 9 - Developing Android Services
- Application about sockets.
- Creating your own services.
- Binding activities to services.
- Understanding threading.
Module 10 - Audio and Video
- Application utilizing services.
- Playing audio and video.
- Controlling media player playback.
- Responding to the media player controls.
- Recording sound.
Module 11 - Monetizing, Promoting, and
- Creating simple mp3 player.
Module 12 - Android Kit-Kat
- Package your application for uploading to
- Signing and publishing applications.
- Distributing applications.
- Monetizing applications.
- Application marketing, promotion, and
- Analytics and referral tracking.
Module 13 - Business innovation Model “BiM”
Module 14 - UX
- modern mobile app monetization.
- how to find your killer app.
- how to reach your audience successfully with
unique technique in resources utilization, the advantage and disadvantage,
strength and weakness points.
- how you will fund your project and the funding
process highlighting the role of financial capitals, governmental support,
mobile app budget and breakdowns, and Case Study.
Module 15 - Mobile Application Marketing “MAK”
- UI & usability as competitive advantage, people
can pay for usability and better applications.
- Reducing efforts & cost for developments.
- UX from the precipitant of sales power.
- company image VS app UX quality.
- How to sell UX to others in your organization &
Learn tips for promoting UX as a competitive advantage.
- UX rules per each platforms, the advantage and
disadvantage, strength and weakness points, case studies.
- Understanding all mobile manufactures portals
techniques through most common tools and channels.
- Starting from how to use your app meta data in
raising probability of app success in the targeted portal going to e-marketing
activities in order enhance these results more and more.
- what is mobile apps marketing mix? And how to
integrate your app with other effective online and offline channels..
About The Certificate
After, completing the training, there will be an exam with an international
certificate from Open Embedded Software Foundation (OESF) Test number:
What is “OESF Certified Engineer for Android™” ?
OESF started to provide an official exam to certify your skills and knowledge
for Android. Taking this exam allows for acknowledging your own technical
capability and knowledge, and to improve engineers’ skills for your company.
Benefits of passing “OESF Certified Engineer for
Benefit to the companies:
Benefits to the engineers:
- Improving that retention of human capital and
- Establishing fair and objective view of
evaluation and assessment system.
- Confirming result of development of human
resources and personnel training.
Earning the certificate:
- Recognizing own skills objectively and can build
- Presenting their own skills as an official
To earn the certificate the following requirements must be met:
- Attendance is obligatory for the full round.
- Pass score is 70% of total exam.
- The exam is consisted of 70 multiple choice
- The final exam might be taken multiple times in
order to earn a passing score but TIEC will only fund the exam once.
Submission is Closed