||Senior Helpdesk |
||Information Technology |
||Chief information officer|
||Borg El Arab|
- Responsible for providing Reports on SLA compliance, Service Desk Metrics and IT assets.
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day running of the IT Service Desk.
- Responsible for ensuring IT Service Desk staff coverage, call levels and SLA compliance.
- · Initial escalation point for all user requests.
- Carries out first line support for all aspects of the Commission’s IT infrastructure on all sites in person, on the phone and via remote connection.
- Carries out fault-finding and problem solving on software and hardware issues and passes more complex faults and requests to the IT Operations Manager (Services) or other relevant resource.
- Monitors, checks backups, and backup routines to provide security of the data held.
- Ensures systems are kept up to date with patches and antivirus updates.
- Checks Spam logs and relevant notifications where required.
- Responsible for maintaining the IT Asset Database.
- Provides support to the IT Operations Manager (Services).
- Represents the department where required.
- Responsible for following established IT processes and supporting new ones.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer and Control) or Computer Science.
- Previous experience in IT support –3 years in a senior IT role.
- Ability to produce clear, concise and accurate documentation and job notes.
- Windows 7 and XP to advanced level.
- Office 2003 / 2007 / 2010 / 2013 to advanced level.
- Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 (advantageous) administration, build and maintenance.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Active Directory, exchange mailbox administration, DNS, group policies, domain controllers.
- Good knowledge of Routers, Firewalls, Switches, VPN devices and wireless and other networking technologies.
- Good understanding of Antivirus technologies and experience of their administration.
- Strong understanding of backups and restoration methods.
- Strong understanding of NTFS and share permissions on previous & current Windows Server environments.
- Excellent attitude, great phone etiquette.
- Team player with the ability to motivate and educate other team members.
- Ability to demonstrate clear & confident communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with problems and technical issues in a friendly, calm and reassuring manner.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- A proactive thinker who encompasses the “bigger picture”.
- Passion for IT and technology, and a drive to help customers take advantage of new solutions.
- Ability to multi-task, priorities and escalate accordingly.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly.
- The initiative and reliability to work unsupervised on many occasions.
|How to Apply
Interested candidates may send a copy of CV along with the job title to the Following Email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly mention the Job Title in the email Subject